Sunday, August 8, 2010

Right smack dab in the middle of the busy time I have been looking forward to. It has been fun. Off to do a postpartum after this. All of the births have been fabulous!!!!! Extraordinary women and their men. Honored to be asked to be part of it.

Life as a midwife is at least challenging, at most, totally exhausting and depleting. It has been quite a ride these last 20+ years. It is a lifestyle, not a career choice. My love for it is deep and is a part of who I am.

I have many questions for my Maker. Many, Many, Many questions. One is, why oh why, does it have to be so darn hard to relate to my fellow creations? The human type. And why is it that when one of our fellow humans, who call themselves Christians, is hurting, do the other Christians just go for the jugular? To be ignored, overlooked, given excuses after excuses and just plain lied to....straight to your face.....is so hurtful. Why?

I can only try to put myself in all of these folks shoes. Pray for them, that they be blessed beyond what they can handle....hee, hee. And that they would maybe someday get a little taste of what they are giving me. Well, that's not exactly a very good Christian attitude, but sometimes it is so hard to just love them and let all they do just run off my back. I have feelings and I have a relationship with Christ and the Holy Spirit dwells in me. Why is it that their holy spirit tells them the exact opposite of my holy spirit? I am so tired of all of this. I can't run away, but I WANT to.

Does anyone read these things? I think not. So........Bye.

2 comments:

  1. I read them! But I read on google reader so I hardly ever go to anyone's blog to post comments. I've heard others say similar things about my blog--that they read it, but you know, it's so hard to go to the actual blog and post a comment. There's a lot of extra clicking in that process :) I like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks MamaT. I'll keep writing then.

    ReplyDelete